So following my virtual coma on the blog, something very peculiar happened; very peculiar indeed. I was nominated for the Liebster Awards! Can anyone imagine that? Little ranter me was nominated and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude for that. So the one behind this miracle was MyBookyLife and honestly, that blog deserves a look upon. It’s stylish, colourful and brimmed up with a bunch of helpful and fun information! (and here’s a plus, the blogger is awesome as a person too).
Basically, from what I know, this award is to spread awareness and recognition for those bloggers out there who deserve more followers than they have and to make them better known around the WordPress community. And the rules to the awards are as follows:
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Give your eleven question to the nominees.
Step one: Check.
Now onto step two, which is answering questions.
- What makes you smile?
In all honesty, being nominated made me smile. I tend to smile a lot easily considering the fact that I have a very expressive face. But generally, any act of kindness is guaranteed to bring about that goofy grin of mine.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started it because, sadly, there aren’t many ways one could speak with out there. You see, I love speaking and talking; expressing thoughts and sharing them. The only place I thought one could find people who love that too is a blogger community. Also, people here are so open-minded and it’s very refreshing! It’s like the blogger community is a whole other world altogether. A world where you always belong.
3. If you had any superpower what would it be?
Hmmm… Probably any power that’s mentally and not physically controlled. Anything that falls under that would totally interest me.
4. Favourite Tv show?
I’m not much of a Tv show person but probably something action-packed. Like The Vampire Diaries (excluding that last season).
5. Favourite book?
That’s like asking a mother to pick her favourite child! Mothers don’t do that! But I think The Wrath and The Dawn does it. Or The Book Thief. Or– yeah, I’ll stop there.
Reading and Writing.
7. Last thing you ate?
Oranges, I think.
8. Pet Peeves?
I actually had to look that one up; didn’t know whether I had any. But then turns out, being a Grammar Nazi, I do. When people use “your” instead of “you’re” when they know the difference but are just too lazy to add that ‘e’. That kills me a bit every time.
9. One word to describe you?
Ambitious. (There are, like, 700 more words used to describe me, but I’m settling for that one).
10. If you could change your appearance, what would you change?
I’m quite satisfied with what I have. But I’d probably change up my eye colour.
11. Do you think yourself a good person? Why or Why not?
The quality of goodness, in my opinion, isn’t quite quantitative. A person could me mean and horrible yet good at the same time. And another could be peaceful, calm and cool but bad. If by ‘good’ you mean ‘kind’, then maybe I am; because people always tell me that I’m ‘too kind to a fault’ or ‘too good to a fault’. Which I don’t think is possible, considering that it’s not my fault that people decide to exploit my kindness and twist it into my weakness.
Now random facts about yours truly:
- I’m a very random person.
- Honestly, I have one too many sides to my personality. One word can’t describe me.
- Most of my sides are weirdly contradicting. Yet I’m me still.
- I have a very philosophical speech.
- People make fun of that speech (is that a surpise?)
- Nicknames: Bookworm, Encyclopedia, Nerd.
- I love all of my nicknames.
- I’m a major reader (surprise, surprise). I’m the type that could sit for hours on, talking to no-one and doing nothing but reading the book she has at hand.
- I love cats.
- Judgement kind of irks me.
- I like talking and voicing my views, but I also make a very good listener.
The people I nominate in an order as random as myself (and, just saying, I’m still a newbie so the list is a bit short):
- THE ART TEENS
- THE FUN IN READING BOOKS
- Brontë’s Page Turners
- Finding Ikigai
- Coffee and Cats
I know that that’s too short; but all the bloggers I know are successful beings. Not my fault *hands up*
Now, finally, my questions:
- What makes you, you?
- What’s the one thought that rings so loudly in your mind that it’s a bit scary?
- Favourite colour?
- What do you think of the quote, ‘Actions speak louder than words’?
- If you could fly anywhere you want, what country would you visit?
- Favourite movie?
- I won’t tell you to narrow it down to one book, but, favourite series?
- From the most recent thing you’ve read/watched, who’s your favourite character and why?
- Favourite singer/band?
- Last song you’ve listened to?
- What five words would you choose that best describe you?
And with that said, thank you for reading this majorly lengthy post!